Monday 29 March 2021

Battlefield Accoutrements - Sheep!



A while ago I was persuaded that some sheep would be an ideal addition to my games.  So, having languished at the lower end of the painting pile, last year's lockdown#2 gave me the time and motivation to sort them out.

As my niece, also locked down but in another location, was painting watercolours, we "buddied up" and sent each other encouraging progress reports and pictures.  Thanks for the encouragement, Lucy!

The finished article:


Method:

1.  Glue the sheep on a holder and undercoat.  I glued them in groups of 12, with their heads facing outwards (for ease of painting).





I painted the whole of the sheep & base in light mud brown.




These were then given a coat in very pale grey.


Followed by the heads being painted dark grey and the sheep getting a black wash.  They were then given white dry brushing to give them some depth.



They were based in two "flocks" and two "scattered", terrain textured and painted, varnished & static grass added.  Here are the results:






They were really quick to paint and base - they are now ready to add to suitable games....    I hope this encourages you to have a go at painting some!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on their nervous expressions. Must be because the [insert whichever nationality you want to be rude about] are nearby.

    ReplyDelete