Saturday 11 September 2021

French Light Infantry in side plumes

 Last year I got locked down with a number of small modelling projects, one of which was to make French light infantry with side plumes, not front plumes, on their shakos.  For reference I used the Osprey "Napoleon's Light Infantry".  

As these are 6mm Baccus troops, based for BBB, I could use a little licence and found suitable regiments to base the units upon.

I went for yellow over green and yellow over red plumes.  I also made two bases for each unit, one in full dress and one in greatcoats.  

It was a time consuming job to file a groove in the side of each shako and add a plume - in this case a bayonet repurposed.  However, with no tv and on my own, I had a lot of time to spare....  The front plumes were, of course, removed.  

So, on with the pictures:






You will need:
Baccus French light infantry, Warbases 1" square 2mm mdf bases, a little amount of time and a bit of patience....



2 comments:

  1. Thank you - glad you liked them. Makes your light infantry a little more distinctive and colourful on the table!

    ReplyDelete