Sunday 21 June 2020

May 2020 Workbench II - WW1 Planes

Following the pictures of the WW2 1/300 La-7, I also completed two WW1 Fokker Dr 1 Triplanes.  My wife having recently found "Fall of the Red Baron", Leon Bennett, my choice of colour scheme was Von Richtofen himself, with a suitably liveried wingman.  

The planes are 1/600 Tumbling Dice, with Dom's Decals 1/600 Modern Luftwaffe "Iron Cross" markings.  These seem to be "chunkier" than the 1/600 WW1 German Airforce decals, so I prefer them, especially on an all white background panel.   

As the models are four parts (top wing, middle wing, fuselage & bottom wing, wheels), I drill a hole through all 4 parts and pin together, hopefully ensuring a better adhesion and more resilience to rough play!

Ok, waffling over - enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment